A vegetable loaded meatloaf with a barbeque sauce top, has become a new household staple for dinner. Each bite is loaded with veggies and flavor that even your toddlers will enjoy. Its a healthy and flavorful alternative to the orginal meatloaf.
Depending on your family’s taste, you can alternate which vegetables go into the dish. Somedays I make it with a bell pepper and carrots and other days I make it with zucchini. Below is my zucchini and carrot loaded meatloaf.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 cups of carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup of zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of barbeque sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a bread loaf pan.
- Peel and use a grater to shred carrots and zucchini.
- Saute carrots and zucchini in olive oil and salt until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, egg, breadcumbs, oregano, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, zucchini and carrots and mix together.
- Add mixture into a bread pan.
- Top with barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.